- This document is an electronic record in terms of (i) Information Technology Act, 2000; (ii) the rules framed there under as applicable; and (iii) the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Type of Information collected from users of the Website
- “Sensitive personal information” as defined under Section 3 of the SPI Rules means such personal information which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details ;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
- Name of Parent;
- Name of Student;
- E-mail Address;
- Date of Birth;
- Name of School;
- Class/grade in which the Student is currently studying;
- Preferred time for the tutorial session(s);
- The subject(s) for which they require the tutorial; and
- Credit card information which is required for payment of services which they are availing of, through the Website and a password for accessing their account on the Website.
How the collected information will be used
- Sensitive Personal Information and other Personal Information collected under Clause 2.3 will be used in the manner described below:
- Name: The student name is used to customize the tutorial session for the student, and to personalize all communications that are sent to the student by us. Similarly, the parents name is used to personalize any correspondence that we might have with them.
- E-mail Address and Residential Address: Your email address will serve as the login ID, to access the tutorial sessions provided on our Website. The E-mail address and/ or the residential address will also be used to communicate tutoring schedules, new features/ programs/ services that we may provide, information relating to payment for the services to be availed by you, communication of expiry of your subscription period, date of renewal of subscription and progress reports on the tutorial sessions, or for any other matter related to the services availed by you.
- Phone Number: The phone number will be an alternative method to contact the student and/or the parent or any other adult who has registered on behalf of the student, should there be any cancellation/interruption of a tutoring session, or for any other matter related to the services to be availed by you.
- Credit Card information: Credit card information is used for charging the parent/any other adult registering on behalf of the student for availing of the tutorial sessions, and also for subsequent renewals of the tutorial sessions.
- Grade of the student and Subject(s): This information is used to understand the needs of each student better, and accordingly assign the right Tutors to the students, customize the tutorial sessions for the students depending on the grade in which they are studying in and subjects which they want to avail of.
- In order to improve the quality of our services we may ask you to provide us with information regarding your experiences with our services, and more detailed contact preferences. Users have the option of choosing not to provide us with this information.
- Personal information including personal sensitive information as described in Clause 2.1 will not be sold to any third parties. Except as explicitly stated at the time of requesting such information, we do not disclose such information that you may have provided to us, at the time of registration and upon request subsequently. Details of information that may be disclosed to third parties is discussed in Clause 4 below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- All financial information that is collect through the Website is used solely to bill for the services availed of by the user, and is not used for marketing or promotional purposes. Towards this end, we disclose such information to a third-party intermediary, for the sole purpose of credit card processing, which is used make payments to avail of the services on our Website, and to accountants and tax authorities for the purposes of a statutory audit or upon request by such authorities.
- We may also disclose certain information to third parties solely to help diagnose technical problems, to administer the Website, and improve the quality of the Services provided by us.
- We reserve the right to disclose any personal information as required by law and when we believe, at our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect someone from injury and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
- The Website may use temporary cookies, which are files that your Web browser puts on your computer when you visit a Website, to store certain information that is not sensitive personal information. The information collected through these cookies is used by us for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and to improve the quality of our Services.
- We may use third party cookies to track visitor behavior and to improve the quality of our services. However, such cookies will not store any kind of personal information, nor will such information be disclosed to any third party.
- These cookies are intended to be automatically cleared or deleted when the User quits the browser application. You are encouraged to use the “clear cookies” functionality of you browser to ensure such clearing / deletion, since it is impossible for us to guarantee, predict or provide for the behaviour of your computer.
- The information we collect with cookies is not sold, rented, or shared with any third parties.
Third Party Links
We may provide links to websites for the convenience and information of users. These websites may not be owned, controlled, or operated by us. In those cases, we cannot control how information collected by those websites will be used, shared, or secured. If the user visits linked sites, we strongly recommend that the user reviews the privacy notices or policies posted at those sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, the user’s use of them, or the information practices of their operators.
We have implemented industry standard security policies, rules and technical measures as required under Section 8 of the SPI rules, to protect any kind of personal sensitive information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Retention of Information
We retain any personal information that you may have provided to us, for as long as you are registered subscribers of our Services, and for a reasonable time thereafter. Upon request, we will provide you with a readable copy of your personal information which we keep with us, after providing us with proof of your identity.